SpaceOAR Hydrogel For Urologists
What is SpaceOAR Hydrogel?
SpaceOAR hydrogel is an absorbable, injectable material that provides space between the rectum and prostate in men undergoing radiation therapy for prostate cancer. It is clinically proven to reduce acute and long-term rectal injury and improves Patient Report Outcomes for bowel, urinary and sexual domains.
Why Use SpaceOAR Hydrogel?
- Clinically proven with a 222 patient prospective multicenter randomized study1
- 60 clinical publications to date
- Over 25,000+ patients treated worldwide
- Straightforward in-office procedure
- Performed under local anesthesia
- Can be implanted at the time of fiducial marker placement
Play the Video Below to see Juan Montoya, MD, FACS
demonstrate the technique of applying SpaceOAR hydrogel
Interested in learning more?
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association’
1) N Mariados et al. Hydrogel Spacer Prospective Multicenter Randomized Controlled Pivotal Trial: Dosimetric and Clinical Effects of Perirectal Spacer Application in Men Undergoing Prostate IMRT. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015 Aug 1;92(5):971-7.