SpaceOAR Hydrogel For Urologists
What is SpaceOAR Hydrogel?
SpaceOAR hydrogel is an absorbable, injectable material that provides space between the rectum and prostate in men undergoing radiation therapy for prostate cancer. It is clinically proven to reduce acute and long-term rectal injury and improves Patient Report Outcomes for bowel, urinary and sexual domains.
Why Use SpaceOAR Hydrogel?
- Clinically proven with a 222 patient prospective multicenter randomized study1
- 60 clinical publications to date
- Over 15,000 patients treated worldwide
- Straightforward in-office procedure
- Performed under local anesthesia
- Can be implanted at the time of fiducial marker placement
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued the calendar year (CY) 2018 Final Rule that included In-Office payment of $3,797.23 for SpaceOAR hydrogel application
- New Category 1 CPT® Code 55874 effective January 1, 2018
- New Palmetto GBA coverage decision effective October 2, 2017
- Positive NICE guidance issued in the UK (‘standard arrangements’)
- Use of hydrogel rectal spacer during prostate cancer therapy currently included in the 2017 NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology
- Positive Health Technology Assessment report from ECRI Institute
- Ask our team about our latest progress in obtaining coverage
- Contact a SpaceOAR hydrogel Reimbursement Specialist at (781) 902-1657 or send us a message.
Play the Video Below to see Marcio Fagundes, MD,
demonstrate the technique of applying SpaceOAR hydrogel
Interested in learning more?
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association’
1) N Mariados et al. Hydrogel Spacer Prospective Multicenter Randomized Controlled Pivotal Trial: Dosimetric and Clinical Effects of Perirectal Spacer Application in Men Undergoing Prostate IMRT. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015 Aug 1;92(5):971-7.